The Move File activity uses the Box UpdateFile API to move a specified file (File Id) into a specified folder (Parent Folder Id) under the existing or new file name (File Name).
After moving the file, the activity outputs a
BoxFile object (BoxFile) that includes the properties of the copied file, including the
BoxFile.Id that you can use to identify the file in subsequent activities (e.g., Move File, Lock File, etc.).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idvalue (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Move File activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
BoxFilevariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the UpdateFile API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxFilevalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File ID - The ID of the file that you want to move. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the File ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Parent Folder ID - The ID of the parent folder where you want to move the file. This field supports only
- Enter a value of "0" to use the root folder of the application.
- To get the ID of a folder that is not the root, use the Search for Content activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- File Name - The name that you want to apply to the file. This field supports only
Stringvariables. If this property is left empty, the existing file name is applied.
- Box File - The
BoxFileobject that includes the file properties. Enter a
BoxFileobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.