The Get Folder Items activity uses the Box ListItemsInFolder API to retrieve the folders and files stored in the specified folder (Folder ID).
After retrieving the items, the activity outputs the file details in an
BoxFile object (Files) and the folder details in an
BoxFolder object (Folders).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idvalue (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Get Folder Items activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter
BoxFoldervariables for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent in the ListItemsInFolder API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxFoldersvalues to your output property variables.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Folder ID - The ID of the folder that you want to retrieve information from. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the Folder ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Max Items to Return - The maximum number of results that you want returned. Enter an
Int32variable. The maximum number of items that get returned is 1,000.
- Files - The
IEnumerable<BoxFiles>object that includes the file items. Enter a
- Folders - The
IEnumerable<BoxFolder>object that includes the folder items. Enter a