The Get Folder Info activity uses the Box GetFolderInformation API to retrieve specific file information from a specified folder (Folder Id).
After retrieving the information, the activity outputs the details of the folder in
BoxFolder object (Box Folder)
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idvalue (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Get File Info activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
BoxFoldervariable for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent in the GetFolderInformation API operation request.
- The operation returns the 'BoxFolder' values to your output property variables.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Folder ID - The ID of the folder that you want to retrieve information from. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the Folder ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Box Folder - The
BoxFolderobject that includes the file properties. This field supports only
BoxFolderobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.