The Get File Info activity uses the Box GetFileInformation API to retrieve specific file information from a specified file (File Id).
After retrieving the information, the activity outputs the name of the file as a
String value (File Name), the locked status as a
Boolean value (Is Locked), and the size of the file as in
Int64 value` (Size).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idvalue (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Get File Info activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter
Int64variables for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent in the GetFileInformation API operation request.
- The operation returns the
Int64values to your output property variables.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File ID - The ID of the file that you want to retrieve comments from. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the File ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- File Name - The name of the file. This field supports only
- File Lock - A
Booleanvalue that reports the current file lock status. Enter a
- True - file is locked.
- False - file is unlocked.
- Size - A
Int64value representing the size of the file.