The Get File Comments activity uses the Box ListFileComments API to retrieve the comments from a specified file (File Id).
After retrieving the comments, the activity outputs an
BoxComment object (Comments) that includes the comment details.
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idvalue (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Get File Comments activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter a value for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
BoxCommentvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the ListFileComments API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxCommentvalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File ID - The ID of the file that you want to retrieve comments from. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the File ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Comments - The
<IEnumerable<BoxComment>object that includes the comment details. Enter a
BoxCommentobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.