The Download File activity uses the Box DownloadFile API to download a file (File Id and Version) to specified folder (Local file path). You have the option overwrite an existing file that has the same name (Overwrite).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idvalue (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Download File activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Your input property values are sent in theDownloadFile API operation request.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File ID - The ID of the file. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the File ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
File.Idobject (e.g., Upload File, Search for Content, etc.).
- Local file path - The location where you want to download the file. This field supports only
Stringvariables. This is a folder location. The file downloaded will use the name of the file as the file name locally.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Overwrite - If Selected, the activity overwrites an existing file with the same name. If Not Selected, the activity throws an exception if a file with the same name exists in the specified Local file path.
- Version - The specific version of the file that you want to download. This field supports only
Stringvariables. If there is a specific version of a file that you want to download, use this property to specify the file version ID.