The Create Upload Session activity uses the Box CreateUploadSession API to upload a new file (File Path) to a specified folder (Parent Folder ID).
After creating the session, the activity outputs a
BoxUploadSession object (UploadSession) that includes the session properties.
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Create Upload Session activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
BoxUploadSessionvariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the CreateUploadSession API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxUploadSessionvalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- File Path - The location of the file that you want to upload. This field supports only
- Parent Folder ID - The ID of the parent folder where you want to upload the file.
- Enter a value of "0" to use the root folder of the application.
- To get the ID of a folder that is not the root, use the Search for Content activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- File Name - The name that you want to apply to the file. This field supports only
Stringvariables. If this property is left empty, the existing file name is applied.
- Upload Session - The
BoxUploadSessionobject that includes the session properties. Enter a
BoxUploadSessionobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.