The Create Folder activity uses the Box CreateFolder API to create a new empty folder (Folder Name) within a specified parent folder (Parent Folder ID).
After creating the folder, the activity outputs a
BoxFolder object (Box Folder) that includes the properties of the new folder, including the
BoxFolder.Id that you can use to identify the folder in subsequent activities (e.g., Upload File, Get Folder Items, etc.).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Create Folder activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
BoxFoldervariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the CreateFolder API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxFoldervalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Folder Name - The name of the folder. This field supports only
- Parent Folder ID - The ID of the parent folder where you want to create the new folder. This field supports only
- Enter a value of "0" to create the folder in the root of the application.
- To get the ID of a folder that is not the root, use the Search for Content activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Box Folder - The
BoxFolderobject that represents the newly created folder. This field supports only
The following image shows an example of the activity dependency relationship and input/output property values.