The Copy Folder activity uses the Box CopyFolder API to copy a specified folder (Folder Id) into a specified parent folder (Parent Folder Id) under the existing or new folder name (New Folder Name).
After copying the file, the activity outputs a
BoxFolder object (Box Folder) that includes the properties of the copied file, including the
BoxFolder.Id that you can use to identify the file in subsequent activities (e.g., Delete Folder, Rename Folder, etc.).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idvalue (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Add the Copy Folder activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
BoxFoldervariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the CopyFolder API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxFoldervalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Folder ID - The ID of the folder that you want to copy. This field supports only
Stringvariables. To get the Folder ID value, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
Folder.Idobject (e.g., Create Folder, Search for Content, etc.).
- Parent Folder ID - The ID of the parent folder where you want to copy the file. This field supports only
- Enter a value of "0" to use the root folder of the application.
- To get the ID of a folder that is not the root, use the Search for Content activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- New Folder Name - The name that you want to apply to the folder. This field supports only
Stringvariables. If this property is left empty, the existing folder name is applied.
- Box Folder - The
BoxFolderobject that includes the folder properties. This field supports only
BoxFolderobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.