The Commit Session activity uses the Box CommitUploadSession API to close an upload session (Upload Session) and create a file from the uploaded chunks.
After committing the session, the activity outputs a
BoxFile object (BoxFile) that includes the properties of the copied file, including the
BoxFile.Id that you can use to identify the file in subsequent activities (e.g., Move File, Lock File, etc.).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Box Scope activity to your project.
- Add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
BoxUploadSessionvalue (e.g., Create Upload Session).
- Add the Commit Session activity inside the Box Scope activity.
- Enter values for the Input property.
- Create and enter a
BoxFilevariable for the Output property.
- Your input property values are sent in the CommitUploadSession API operation request.
- The operation returns the
BoxFilevalue to your output property variable.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if you want the activity to continue running when an error is thrown. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- Upload Session - The upload session object. This field supports only
- To get the
BoxUploadSessionvalue, add an activity or run an external process that outputs a
BoxUloadSessionobject (e.g., Create Upload Session).
- To get the
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Box File - The
BoxFileobject that includes the file properties. Enter a
BoxFileobject includes multiple properties that you can use in other activities.