Extracts a string and its information from an indicated UI element or an image using Abbyy OCR Engine. It can be used with other OCR activities (Click OCR Text, Hover OCR Text, Double Click OCR Text, Get OCR Text, Find OCR Text Position).
ABBYY FineReader Engine SDK is required. The engine only works with a license distributed by the UiPath sales department. For more information on this, go here.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Image - The image that you want to process. This field supports only Image variables.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- CorrectOrientation - If selected, the page orientation is detected by the engine, and if needed, is corrected automatically. By default, this check box is selected.
- CorrectSkew - Detects whether the page is skewed and automatically corrects it. The drop-down contains three options, Auto - deskews only images that are detected as being skewed, Yes - forces deskew on all pages, No - does not automatically deskew pages. By default, this property is set to Auto.
- CustomRecognitionProfilePath - The full path to a custom built Recognition Profile. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- ExtractWords - If this check box is selected, the on-screen position of each detected word is extracted.
- FineReaderVersion - Specifies which version of the Fine Reader Engine is to be used. The options are FineReaderEngine 11 and FineReaderEngine 12. By default, this property is set to FineReaderEngine 12.
- Language - The language used by the OCR engine to extract the text from the UI element or image. The ABBYY FineReader Engine includes the majority of supported OCR languages by default. They can be used right after a successful installation of the engine. The full language name must be written, such as "english", "japanese", "romanian".
- PredefinedRecognitionProfile - Specifies the Predefined Recognition Profile that is to be used when processing an image. This field supports only strings and String variables. For a list of predefined profiles, view the Predefined Recognition Profiles table.
- Profile - Choose a preprocessing profile for the specified image or UI element to achieve a better OCR read. The following options are available: None - does not apply a preprocessing profile; Screen - preprocessing suitable for remote desktop applications; Scan - preprocessing suitable for scanned files; Legacy - uses the engine's default settings for preprocessing images, this is the default option.
- Scale - The scaling factor of the selected UI element or image. The higher the number is, the more you enlarge the image. This can provide a better OCR read and it is recommended with small images. If you want to scale down, values between 0 and 1 are also accepted. By default, the value is 1.
- Confidence - The resulting confidence score, stored in an
Int32variable. This field supports only
- Result - The extracted words along with their on-screen position. This field supports only
- Text - The extracted text. This field supports only String variables.
For converting documents into editable formats, optimized for accuracy.
For converting documents into editable formats, optimized for speed.
For creating a digital archive, optimized for accuracy.
For creating a digital archive, optimized for speed.
For creating an electronic library, optimized for accuracy.
For creating an electronic library, optimized for speed.
For extracting text from documents, optimized for accuracy.
For extracting text from documents, optimized for speed.
For recognizing short text fragments.
For extracting barcodes, optimized for accuracy; can also be called under the
For extracting barcodes, optimized for speed.
For creating high-compressed PDF files which contain entire documents saved as pictures.
For recognizing business cards.
For recognizing technical drawings, with text arranged in different directions.
Provided for compatibility, sets the processing parameters to the default values of ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0.
Updated about a month ago