Reads the text from a Word document and stores it in a string variable. Can only be used in the Word Application Scope activity.
- Text - The text extracted from the document. This field supports string variables and generic variables.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Copies all the text from a Word document and saves it for later use in the automation or pastes it in a cell in Excel. The text is copied without formatting. This activity must be added inside a Use Word File activity.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
- Save to - Click Plus on the right side of the field, select Save for Later Use, enter a name for the saved value, and click Save. Alternatively, select an Excel file, and then a cell where to paste the text, or select Open in Advanced Editor and enter a VB expression.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Text - See Save to in the body of the activity.
Updated 3 months ago