Creates a snapshot for a specified virtual machine.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Quiesce - If selected, uses VMware tools to quiesce the Guest OS file system present in the virtual machine. If the virtual machine is powered off, or VMware Tools are not available, this check box does nothing. By default, this check box is cleared.
- SnapshotDescription - The description of the snapshot that is to be created. This field supports only strings and
- SnapshotName - The name that you want to use for the snapshot that is to be created. This field supports only strings and
- SnapshotVMMemory - If selected, snapshots the virtual machine's memory as well. If the virtual machine is powered off, this check box does nothing. By default, this check box is selected.
- Timeout (seconds) - Specifies the amount of time (in seconds) to wait for the activity to complete before an error is thrown. The default value is 300 seconds. This field supports only
- Virtual Machine - The virtual machine you want to take a snapshot of. This field supports only
The VirtualMachine parameter provides the following information:
- ID - Specifies the ID of the virtual machine.
- Name - Specifies the name Virtual machine.
- Host - Specifies the host on which the virtual machine is running.
- FullPath - Specifies the full path to the virtual machine, including datacenter and folder hierarchy.
- IPAddress - Specifies the primary IP address assigned to the guest operating system, if known.
- DNSName - Specifies the hostname of the guest operating system, if known.
- GuestOS - Specifies the guest's operating system full name, if known.
- GuestOSState - Specifies the guest's operating system state. Possible values are
- PowerState - Specifies the virtual machine power state. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsState - Specifies the current running status of VMware Tools in the guest operating system, if known. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsVersionStatus - Specifies the current version status of VMware Tools. The possible values are Blacklisted, Current, NeedUpgrade, NotInstalled, SupportedNew, SupportedOld, TooNew, TooOld, Unmanaged.
- IsTemplate - Indicates if the input represents a virtual machine template.
- Tags - Specifies the list of tags assigned to the virtual machine or template.
- WaitForCompletion - If selected, the activity waits for the action to complete before moving forward, but no more than the period specified in the Timeout (seconds) property. By default, this check box is selected.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Snapshot - The snapshot created for the specified virtual machine, stored in a
Snapshotvariable. This field supports only
Updated 6 days ago