Sends keystrokes to a UI element. Special keys are supported and can be selected from the drop-down list. The UI element is identified by using the UiPath Computer Vision neural network.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DelayAfter - Delay time (in milliseconds) after executing the activity.
- DelayBefore - Delay time (in milliseconds) before the activity begins performing any operations.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Image.Accuracy - A unit of measurement from 0 to 1 which expresses the minimum similarity between the image you are searching for and the one to be found. Useful in situations when the image to be found is slightly different than the one you are searching for. The default value is 0.8.
- Image.Image - The image you want to use as a target for the current activity, stored in an
Imagevariable. This field supports only
- Image.Profile - Enables you to change the image detection algorithm that you want to use. Basic is the classical algorithm, which has average speed and resource cost. Enhanced can offer more precise results, at the expense of more resources. By default, this field is set to Basic.
- TargetType - The type of the UI element you want to click. The following options are available: Button, ImageBox, CheckBox, RadioButton, CloseButton, MaximizeButton, Minimize Button, Icon, ArrowButton, Text.
- Text - The text to be written in the specified UI element. Special keys are supported, and you can select them from the activity's drop-down list.
- TimeoutMS - Specifies the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds).
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Activate - When this check box is selected, the specified UI element is brought to the foreground and activated before the text is written.
If the Activate check box is not selected, the activity will type into the currently active window.
- ClickBeforeTyping - When this check box is selected, the specified UI element is clicked before the text is written.
- DelayBetweenKeys - Delay time (in milliseconds) between two keystrokes. The default amount of time is 10 milliseconds. The maximum value is 1000 milliseconds.
- EmptyField - When this check box is selected, all previously-existing content in the UI element is erased before writing your text.
In Web environments, fields are emptied by default.
- InputRegion - Receives the target of another CV activity stored in a
Rectanglevariable, using it as a target for this activity. This enables you to pass the same target from one activity to another. Especially useful at design time, as it makes performing multiple actions on the same UI element easier. If a variable is set to this field, the current target and anchor elements of the activity are disabled. This field supports only
- OutputRegion - Saves the target of this activity as a
Rectanglevariable. This enables you to pass the same target from one activity to another. Especially useful at design time, as it makes performing multiple actions on the same UI element easier.