Customizes the Guest OS of a given virtual machine.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- CustomizationSpecification - Specifies the name of a Customization Specification item which is used for customizing the Guest OS.
- Timeout - Specifies how long to wait (in seconds) for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
- VirtualMachine - Identifies the virtual machine on which the operation is performed.
The VirtualMachine parameter provides the following information:
- ID - Specifies the ID of the virtual machine.
- Name - Specifies the name Virtual machine.
- Host - Specifies the host on which the virtual machine is running.
- FullPath - Specifies the full path to the virtual machine, including datacenter and folder hierarchy.
- IPAddress - Specifies the primary IP address assigned to the guest operating system, if known.
- DNSName - Specifies the hostname of the guest operating system, if known.
- GuestOS - Specifies the guest's operating system full name, if known.
- GuestOSState - Specifies the guest's operating system state. Possible values are
- PowerState - Specifies the virtual machine power state. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsState - Specifies the current running status of VMware Tools in the guest operating system, if known. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsVersionStatus - Specifies the current version status of VMware Tools. The possible values are Blacklisted, Current, NeedUpgrade, NotInstalled, SupportedNew, SupportedOld, TooNew, TooOld, Unmanaged.
- IsTemplate - Indicates if the input represents a virtual machine template.
- Tags - Specifies the list of tags assigned to the virtual machine or template.
- WaitForCompletion - When selected, waits for the activity to be complete but cannot exceed the value specified in the Timeout field. When the option it's not selected, the activity ends immediately after the VMware API call is made. The default value is True.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
The virtual machine needs to be powered off when using this activity. It is powered on only after the CustomizationSpecification parameter is applied.
Updated 8 days ago