Creates a new virtual machine based on an existing template.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- CustomizationSpecification - Specifies the name of a Customization Specification item which is used for customizing the Guest OS.
- DiskStorage - Specifies the format of the virtual disk. The default value is SameFormatAsSource.
For retrieving the DNS Name and IP Address, you need to install the VMware tools on the Guest OS and to power on the machine at least once before initiating the request.
- Datastore - Establishes the storage location for the configuration and disk files associated with the host.
- Host - Provides the host where the virtual machine can be run.
- PowerOnAfterCreation - Specifies whether the virtual machine is powered on or not after creation. The default value is False.
- SourceTemplate - Specifies the full path of the virtual machine template, including the data center and its folder.
- Timeout - Specifies how long to wait (in seconds) for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
- VirtualMachineDescription - Provides the description of the new virtual machine.
- VirtualMachineName - Specifies the full path of the new virtual machine, including the data center and its folder.
- WaitForCompletion - When selected, waits for the activity to be complete but cannot exceed the value specified in the Timeout field. When the option it's not selected, the activity ends immediately after the VMware API call is made. The default value is True.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- VirtualMachine - Provides details about the newly created virtual machine.
The VirtualMachine parameter provides the following information:
- ID - Specifies the ID of the virtual machine.
- Name - Specifies the name Virtual machine.
- Host - Specifies the host on which the virtual machine is running.
- FullPath - Specifies the full path to the virtual machine, including datacenter and folder hierarchy.
- IPAddress - Specifies the primary IP address assigned to the guest operating system, if known.
- DNSName - Specifies the hostname of the guest operating system, if known.
- GuestOS - Specifies the guest's operating system full name, if known.
- GuestOSState - Specifies the guest's operating system state. Possible values are
- PowerState - Specifies the virtual machine power state. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsState - Specifies the current running status of VMware Tools in the guest operating system, if known. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsVersionStatus - Specifies the current version status of VMware Tools. The possible values are Blacklisted, Current, NeedUpgrade, NotInstalled, SupportedNew, SupportedOld, TooNew, TooOld, Unmanaged.
- IsTemplate - Indicates if the input represents a virtual machine template.
- Tags - Specifies the list of tags assigned to the virtual machine or template.
Updated 8 days ago