Copies a range or sheet and pastes it to another location in the current workbook, to a different workbook, or to the clipboard. The activity can be used with Excel files selected for parent Use Excel File activities or with the Project Notebook.
You can copy values, formulas, images, number and cell formats, and transpose (rotate) data. The following table lists supported copy-paste combinations:
To learn how to use this activity, see:
- Tutorial: Comparing Excel Files and Emailing Reconciliation Errors.
- Tutorial: Filtering Data in Excel.
- Source - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select a named range, table, or sheet to copy, or select Indicate in Excel to open the file and select a range directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter the range manually, Paste from clipboard to paste data from the clipboard, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Destination - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select the Excel file and then a named cell, range, table, or sheet where to paste the copied data, Indicate in Excel to open the file and select a range directly from the file, or Custom Input to enter the destination range manually. If the destination is a cell, the range is pasted starting with that cell.
Alternatively, you can select Copy to clipboard to copy the data to the clipboard. If you select this option, the data can only be pasted in another activity in the project (it cannot be pasted manually).
- What to copy - Select how to copy the data. The following options are available: All (the default option), Values, Formulas, Formats.
- Exclude source headers - If selected, the first row of the source range is not copied.
- Transpose - If selected, the copied range is rotated (rows to columns and columns to rows). This option is not selected by default.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See the options in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 5 months ago