The following steps are an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Alteryx Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Run Job activity inside the Alteryx Scope activity.
- Enter values for the properties located in the body of the activity.
There are two ways to provide data for the (Answers) property.
- Create and enter a
- Use the Configure Answers dialog on the design canvas.
To use the (Configure Answers) dialog you will need to do the following:
- Configure the (Design Connection) properties in the Alteryx Scope activity.
- Click the (Configure Answers) button on the Run Job design canvas.
- Enter in the (App ID) for your App and then click the Get Questions button. This will fetch the list of questions that will need answers for this application. Note that this is different form the (App ID) parameter that you set in the activity in the sense that it is only used to retrieve the list of questions.
You can then enter
String variables for the individual answers. If values are configured in the (Answers) property as well as in Configure Answers dialog, then these will be merged and values in the Configure Answers will override those in the (Answers).
The Wait input property and Job output property can affect each other. If the Job has not completed, only the
JobIdproperty of the (Job) output property will be populated, not the entire
By default the value of the (Wait (minutes)) property is 0, meaning that the activity will not wait for the job to complete and thus only the
Job.JobIdwill have a value.
You can change this behavior by setting the (Wait (minutes)) to up to 15 minutes. If the job has completed in less than that time, the entire (Job) object will be populated.
- AppId - The ID of the app to execute. This field supports only
- Priority - Priority to be set for the job. Enter a
Possible values for the Priority field include "Low", "Medium", "High", "Critical", or "Default" (e.g.
- Answers - The list of answers to execute the workflow with. Enter a
- Wait - The time in minutes to wait for the job to complete. Enter a
Maximum wait time is 15 minutes. Default is 0, in which case there is no wait. Outputs in the Job will populated only if job was completed within the wait time.
- Job - The Job object that is returned. Enter a
If the Job has not completed, only the (JobId) property will be populated.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- BusinessEntityName - This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ResponseStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). This field supports only
Updated 2 months ago