Orchestrator modern folders help you containerize actions, processes, and users.
By default, Actions are created inside the same folder as the process that generated them. Only the users added inside that folder can access the Actions, based on their roles and permissions, as follows:
- Multiple users can see the Unassigned Actions in the specified folder.
- An Action User sees their assigned actions (inside the Pending tab) only.
Note: As soon as an Action is assigned to a user, it moves from the Unassigned tab to the Pending tab of the assigned user.
- An Action Admin sees all Pending Actions and has the option to reassign them to other users, if needed.
To control which users can access specific Actions, through the use of folders:
- Make sure the users or groups that need to access the Actions are assigned to the folder.
- Inside your workflow in Studio, use the Orchestrator Folder Path property to redirect the Action creation or assignment to the desired folder.
Note: Find the Orchestrator Folder Path property in activities such as Create Form Task and Assign Task.
Redirecting an Action assignment (from the Assign Task activity) or creation (from the Create Form Task activity) to a different folder allows you to control who can access the Actions, as you can add or remove specific users from the folder.
Advanced user restriction
For a more granular user restriction, assign them specific roles and permissions inside the desired folder.