Orchestrator modern folders help you containerize actions, processes, and users.
By default, actions are generated in the same folder as the corresponding processes. Only the users in that folder can access the actions based on their roles and permissions, as follows:
- Multiple users see all unassigned actions in the specified folder.
- An action user sees only their assigned actions (in the Pending tab).
As soon as an action gets assigned, it transitions from the Unassigned tab to the Pending tab of the assigned user.
- An action admin sees all pending actions and has the option to reassign them to other users, if needed.
To control which users can access specific actions through folders:
- Create a folder.
- Make sure the users or groups that need to access the actions are assigned to the folder.
- Inside your workflow in Studio, use the Orchestrator Folder Path property to redirect the action creation or assignment to the desired folder.
Find the Orchestrator Folder Path property in activities such as Create Form Task and Assign Task.
Redirecting an action assignment or creation to a different folder allows you to control who can access the actions, as you can add or remove specific users to the folder.
For a more granular user restriction, assign them specific roles and permissions inside the desired folder.
Updated 5 months ago